|Rivet Diameter||.125 inch|
|Rivet Length||.562 inch|
|Throat Depth||9 inch|
The Milford Model 56 is a pneumatic driven modular riveting head, specifically designed for integration with automated assembly equipment. This unit is well suited for applications requiring single or multiple riveters. The space saving wedge design permits grouping of two or more units mounted on a common base as close as .750" (19.05 mm) on our standard model, .625 (15.88 mm) on our off set driver model. The standard unit is supplied without controls, but may be supplied as a complete turn-key system if you select the optional bench-top base and controls package.
Typical applications where these units are used include automotive window molding assemblies, instrument panels, appliance components, 3-ring binders, electrical devices, brake shoes, and many others when interfaced with automation such as a dial indexer or linear transfer mechanism. The cushion squeezing action lends itself to applications such as clinching of rivets through plastic, ceramic and other relatively brittle materials.
Model 56 Standard Features
- 2" diamater bore x 2" long stroke pneumatic cylinder
- Hopper type: 5.25” diameter rotary mechanical
- Machine actuation: Standard unit shipped without controls.
- Tooling: (1) set of engineered-to-suit tooling is included (Jaw/Driver/Rollset)
- Capacity: .125" (3.17mm) diameter x .562" (14.28mm) long, mild steel semi-tubular rivets
- Throat depth: 9.00" (228.6mm)
- Ram stroke: 2.00" (50.8mm)
- Machine cycle time: 0.75 second
- Overall height: 25.75" (654mm)
- Footprint: 4" x 20" (102mm x 508mm)
- Approximate weight: 100 lb.
- Probe type safety device
- Spare tooling package (Jaws / Drivers / Rollsets)
- Load cell link pin (used with a HMI to display rivet setting forces)
- Bench-top base assembly
- Custom machine table
- Controls package w/footswitch actuation
- PLC machine control w/dual palm button actuation
- Quick Change raceway (What's This) w/ (1) set of tooling (Jaw / Driver / Rollset)
- Vibratory hopper upgrade
- Load deflection device
- Part holding fixture
- Offset driver package (for limited clearance applications)